Saturday, January 15, 2011

Loratadine + Dr. Pepper = The Keys to My Heart

That is, contrary to appearances, a key. "Penis to my heart"sounds painful.
Unless you're one of those women who can swallow a sword.


Today Scott went to get his haircut and came home with 2 surprises for me: a 60 count bottle of generic Claritin and a 24 pack of Dr. Pepper. I was so happy I teared up.

Lessons to be learned:

1. Guys, impressing a woman is really quite simple. Pay attention to the little things that make her happy. Take me for instance -- my day doesn't get off to a good start without a Dr. Pepper for breakfast and since I'm apparently allergic to life, I'm a snotty, red-eyed, carries-a-roll-of-toilet-paper-around-the-house mess if I run out of allergy meds. Of course, it's entirely possible that poor Scott was just tired of seeing a roll of toilet paper perched on the back of our couch as well as listening to reasons why Dr. Pepper from a 2 liter bottle is just not the same as the good stuff in a can and decided to end his suffering along with mine. But I'm choosing to believe that he just loves me and wanted to make my weekend better. Either way, mission accomplished, sir.

2. When a 24-pack of caffeinated, sugary deliciousness and a 2 month supply of antihistamines brings tears to your eyes because it's the best thing that's happened to you all week, you're officially a hot mess and should really find a hobby, or maybe volunteer somewhere. Or just watch Jersey Shore and feel pretty good about most of your life decisions.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my god, I think I'm in blog love.

    And also: it does kind of look like a penis-key.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scott is a sweetheart.

    When I think "surprise", I think anal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ep - The anal thing kind of fits in with the penis key thing.

    Tara - My husband was sitting on the couch laughing hysterically and when I asked what was so funny he wanted to know why I drew a penis piercing a heart. I patiently directed him to my disclaimer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice bog.Thanks for sharing this post.

    Pharma Info Source - No 1 source For chemicals.

    ReplyDelete